Silhouette window shade fabric has been treated with a proprietary process that repels dust, soil and stains, which keeps cleaning and care simple. For everyday cleaning of your Silhouette window shadings you can:
- Lightly dust your shades. A feather duster works great.
- For a deeper cleaning, try gently vacuuming the shades with the brush attachment.
- To clean between the vanes, you can try compressed air (like you might use on a computer) or you can try a hair dryer (set on cool, not heat) to blow dust away.
- If spot cleaning is needed, use a soft cloth or sponge moistened with lukewarm water. If necessary, add mild detergent and gently blot the fabric. (Never rub and always avoid creasing the shade’s fabric.) Remember: If you do spot-clean your shade, that area may appear cleaner than the rest of the shade.
- Finally, if your shade gets wrinkled, you can steam the wrinkles out. A handheld travel-size steamer that provides continuous steam works perfect.