One of the greatest hazards to children and pets is dangling cords from window treatments. Children imitate their parents’ neckwear or come up with games to play with the cords, unaware of the dangers. However, today, there is no reason for us to lose another child through “Infant Cord Strangulation.” Whether you’re looking to buy new window treatments or trying to find ways to make your current treatments safe, there are many solutions. [Read more…]
One of our most popular window treatments, shades come in a variety of options. Soft fabric shades are often sought-after by Blinds & Designs clients here in San Francisco.
Here are some of the basic types. [Read more…]
Sometimes even terminology can be overwhelming. After all, the terms window treatments, window coverings, window fashions, and window dressings pretty much mean the same thing. Sometimes, window coverings can also refer to exterior coverings such as exterior shutters and awnings, but for the most part, you can use all these terms interchangeably. With so many options available to cover your windows, it’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed. [Read more…]
Silhouette window shade fabric has been treated with a proprietary process that repels dust, soil and stains, which keeps cleaning and care simple. For everyday cleaning of your Silhouette window shadings you can:
- Lightly dust your shades. A feather duster works great.
- For a deeper cleaning, try gently vacuuming the shades with the brush attachment.
- To clean between the vanes, you can try compressed air (like you might use on a computer) or you can try a hair dryer (set on cool, not heat) to blow dust away.
- If spot cleaning is needed, use a soft cloth or sponge moistened with lukewarm water. If necessary, add mild detergent and gently blot the fabric. (Never rub and always avoid creasing the shade’s fabric.) Remember: If you do spot-clean your shade, that area may appear cleaner than the rest of the shade.
- Finally, if your shade gets wrinkled, you can steam the wrinkles out. A handheld travel-size steamer that provides continuous steam works perfect.
Love the beauty of soft drapery but want the control over light and privacy you get from window shades? With Luminette® Privacy Sheers from Hunter Douglas, you can have both! They are perfect for French doors, sliding glass doors, large windows, and walls of windows. Made of translucent fabric facings with rotating soft fabric vanes, the beautiful sheers give you control over light and privacy. [Read more…]