Silhouette window shade fabric has been treated with a proprietary process that repels dust, soil and stains, which keeps cleaning and care simple. For everyday cleaning of your Silhouette window shadings you can:
- Lightly dust your shades. A feather duster works great.
- For a deeper cleaning, try gently vacuuming the shades with the brush attachment.
- To clean between the vanes, you can try compressed air (like you might use on a computer) or you can try a hair dryer (set on cool, not heat) to blow dust away.
- If spot cleaning is needed, use a soft cloth or sponge moistened with lukewarm water. If necessary, add mild detergent and gently blot the fabric. (Never rub and always avoid creasing the shade’s fabric.) Remember: If you do spot-clean your shade, that area may appear cleaner than the rest of the shade.
- Finally, if your shade gets wrinkled, you can steam the wrinkles out. A handheld travel-size steamer that provides continuous steam works perfect.
To keep your Silhouette window shades looking like new, we also recommend these cleaning methods:
- Injection/extraction cleaning system: With this method of cleaning, a cleaning solution is injected into the fabric and the dirty solution is immediately extracted. This service is usually done in the home so that there is no need to remove the shade from the window.
- Professional ultrasonic cleaning: If your shades are heavily soiled, this method is best. With ultrasonic cleaning, the shade is dipped into a tank of warm water and mild detergent and then sound waves are used to clean the fabric.
Silhouette Shades in San Francisco and Marin County
Blinds & Designs offers a full line of quality window treatments to homeowners and commercial clients throughout the San Francisco and Marin County areas, including Burlingame, Hillsborough, Atherton, and Los Altos. With an ongoing commitment to high quality products and exceptional service, we’ve been serving our communities for over 14 years.
Stop by our showrooms in San Francisco or Tiburon to see a variety of motorization displays in our showroom or call 415-921-4212 Ext 101 for more information.