Hunter Douglas offers superior blinds, shades, sheers and shutters, sometimes referred to as hard treatments. Alone, they are beautiful, energy efficient and functional. The addition of draperies or soft treatments adds warmth and depth to any room. Custom made draperies and top treatments allow you to add a personal touch to your windows, especially when paired with blinds and shades. At Blinds & Designs serving San Francisco and Marin County, we offer custom drapery services as well as the complete Hunter Douglas line of blinds, shades and shutters.
Here are a few ways to combine draperies and top treatments with various Hunter Douglas window treatments. There are no real rules to follow here — be creative!
Top Treatments with Wood Blinds
People love the beauty of natural wood blinds, such as Parkland Wood Blinds from Hunter Douglas. With adjustable louvers, wood blinds can be tilted to allow as much light as you would like in the room. Their somewhat heavy appearance, though, can come off looking stark.
- Add a fabric top treatment to soften the look of your windows and accent the natural wood blinds.
- Add a wood cornice to blend your wood blinds with any home décor.
- Add drapery panels in any color, style, texture or pattern to highlight your wood blinds.
Drapery with Woven Wood Shades
Provenance Woven wood shades from Hunter Douglas are made from natural woods, reeds, bamboo and grasses that allow light to softly filter into the room. The natural look of woven wood shades provides casual ambiance that goes with any decor.
- Add draperies to the sides of woven wood shades that you can close when the sun is intense or you want full privacy.
- Select neutral colors and patterns to complement the natural beauty of woven wood shades.
- Add a valance above your woven wood shades to highlight the color scheme in your room.
Valances with Honeycomb Shades
Honeycomb shades provide a clean appearance in your window and are the most energy efficient hard window treatment on the market today.
- Add a fabric cornice, valance or top treatment will cover the headrail and provide a more finished look.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted inside the window frame to stop light coming in from the sides of the shade.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted on the outside of your window to cover the hard sidelines of the shade and create a more refined appearance.
Drapery and Window Treatment Combinations in San Francisco, Marin County
Blinds & Designs offers a full line of quality window treatments to homeowners and commercial clients throughout the San Francisco and Marin County areas, including Burlingame, Hillsborough, Atherton, and Los Altos. With an ongoing commitment to high quality products and exceptional service, we’ve been serving our communities for over 14 years. Stop by our showrooms in San Francisco or Tiburon to see a variety of motorization displays in our showroom or call 415-921-4212 Ext 101 for more information.