Wanting to make some improvements to your home, but your budget is a little tight these days? No worries! At Blinds & Designs serving Marin County, we’ve got some ideas for how you can change the look and feel of a room without breaking the bank. Read on to learn more! [Read more…]
At Blinds & Designs serving the greater San Francisco area, we notice that many of our customers often fail to consider some of the smaller details when they begin to shop for window treatments. For example, they don’t always think about how the treatment operates—how it opens to let in light or stays closed to control privacy. Hunter Douglas offers several options for opening treatments, and you’ll want to be sure to explore them all. Speak with one of our trained consultants to see the treatments in action for yourself. [Read more…]
Silhouette window shade fabric has been treated with a proprietary process that repels dust, soil and stains, which keeps cleaning and care simple. For everyday cleaning of your Silhouette window shadings you can:
- Lightly dust your shades. A feather duster works great.
- For a deeper cleaning, try gently vacuuming the shades with the brush attachment.
- To clean between the vanes, you can try compressed air (like you might use on a computer) or you can try a hair dryer (set on cool, not heat) to blow dust away.
- If spot cleaning is needed, use a soft cloth or sponge moistened with lukewarm water. If necessary, add mild detergent and gently blot the fabric. (Never rub and always avoid creasing the shade’s fabric.) Remember: If you do spot-clean your shade, that area may appear cleaner than the rest of the shade.
- Finally, if your shade gets wrinkled, you can steam the wrinkles out. A handheld travel-size steamer that provides continuous steam works perfect.
Many people here in the San Francisco are lucky enough to enjoy beautiful views out their windows. Trends toward larger windows and open spaces can create spectacular views throughout your home. There is a downside to big windows, though. Depending on their location, big windows can let in too much sun and heat, decreasing the energy efficiency of your home and damaging your interiors. With the right window coverings, you can enjoy your view, diffuse light, and improve the energy efficiency of your home. Visit one of our showrooms in San Francisco or Tiburon, or schedule your in-home appointment, to check out all your options for window coverings that maintain your views. [Read more…]
Believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner. Now is the perfect time to re-decorate your home. Window treatments are a great place to start. As your local Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Gallery serving the San Francisco and Marin County areas, we’re offering $100 rebates, plus additional savings, on our most popular window treatment styles. Choose from stylish Duette honeycomb shades, Pirouette shadings, Silhouette shades, Vignette Modern Roman shades, Luminette sheers, and Skyline Gliding Window Panels. Through December 16, you can receive a $100 rebate on any of the following purchases, plus more savings on additional units!