Window Treatments as the Main Focal Point
The window is often the first place your eye goes to because it carries a strong vertical line and lets in light. At Blinds & Designs serving Marin County, we are happy to help our customers determine what window treatments will help them make the best impression of their home.
Tips Before Choosing Window Treatments
- A window should always be treated last. If you treat the windows before the furnishings are in place, you will always over-treat a window.
- Once your other furnishing are in place, if you feel like the window is missing something, then other treatments can be considered.
- Before adding color on a window, get a sheet, a few yards of the color you are thinking about, and live with it for a week or so to make your decision.
- Once you have treated the window, it is easy to add to it, but if you put a lot on the window all at once, it could be expensive to change it.
Choices From Hunter Douglas
It’s best to address a window’s function first and then add additional stylistic elements. With the Hunter Douglas Parkland™ hardwood blinds, the simplicity of the treatment is wonderful. It gives the room privacy, great light control, and a feeling of space and helps create a focal point in the room. Other Hunter Douglas options include Provenance® Woven Wood Blinds; Vignette® Modern Roman Shades; Roller, Pleated, & Vertical Blinds; and more.
When adding any color on a window, what happens? It makes the window treatment advance into the room and stops the eye from taking in all the other elements of the room’s design.
- Look at a window and dress it like framing a painting.
- The heavier the treatment, the harder it is for the eye to take in other design elements in the room. You see only the “painting” and nothing else around it.
- The lighter and or lesser the window treatment, the more freedom your eye has to enjoy all of the other elements in a room. You see all the elements that surround the “painting.”
Finding Window Treatments in San Francisco and Marin County
Blinds & Designs offers a full line of quality window treatments to homeowners and commercial clients throughout the San Francisco and Marin County areas, including Burlingame, Hillsborough, Atherton, and Los Altos. With an ongoing commitment to high quality products and exceptional service, we’ve been serving our communities for over 14 years. Stop by our showrooms in San Francisco or Tiburon to see a variety of motorization displays in our showroom or call 415-921-4212 Ext 101 for more information.