Keep Children and Pets Safe with Cordless Window Treatments
Child-Safe Window Treatments from Hunter Douglas
The safety of our customers is a top priority for Blinds & Designs. Serving the San Fancisco Bay area since 1993, we’ve helped hundreds of customers select safe and stylish window treatments. From cordless manual and motorized operating systems, retractable lift cords, cord tensioners and wand controls, we offer a wide array of innovative lifting system options for enhanced child-safe window treatments.
Every parent knows that basic household items can turn into safety hazards for babies, toddlers, and young children. It’s natural for a child’s curiosity to draw them toward windows and window treatments. Keeping safety top-of-mind, we carry the very latest in child-safe window treatments from Hunter Douglas.
Look through our child safety brochure for more information about the innovative operating system options available on individual Hunter Douglas product collections.
For additional information and repair kits for older Hunter Douglas window covering products, please visit The Window Covering Safety Council website.
How to Keep Children and Pets Safe around Window Treatments
Since 1995, the window treatment industry has been focused on reducing the threat of injury to children posed by looped window treatments. Converting to newer window treatments or retrofitting your old ones is critically important to the safety of the young children and even pets in your home. One of our most popular products with a focus on child safety is our Vignette® Modern Roman Shades. Constructed without rear cords, these stylish and versatile window shades offer safe operation and a aesthetically pleasing design.
As a Hunter Douglas window fashions dealer, we carry a wide variety of stylish window treatments designed with safety in mind. With our extensive selection of contemporary styles, you’re sure to find the perfect choice for every room in your home.
Take these steps to make sure your window treatments don’t pose a threat to children and pets:
- Replace all window treatments with cords, including window blinds, corded shades and corded draperies manufactured before 2001. More recently produced window coverings include safety features such as loop control, cordless operation, wand pull, and motorization that don’t require cords.
- Be particularly conscious of the window coverings in children’s bedrooms and play areas. Even with safe window coverings, move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys that be climbed on away from windows, preferably to another wall
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords away from out of the reach of children. Keep tassel pull cords short, and make sure continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Ensure that cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- When horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, ensure cords are locked into position.
- Use safety features such as cord cleats and tensioning devices to improve the safety of your window treatments.
Here are some child-safe Hunter Douglas window fashions products:
- Vignette® Modern Roman Shades
- Skyline® Gliding Window Panels
- Silhouette® Window Shadings
- Provenance® Woven Wood Shades
- Pirouette® Window Shadings
- Natural Elements™ Blinds
- Nantucket™ Window Shadings
- Modern Precious Metals® Aluminum Blinds
- Luminette® Privacy Sheers
- EverWood® Collection
- Duette® Honeycomb Shades
- Country Woods® Wood Blinds
- Chalet Woods® Wood Blinds
- Brilliance® Pleated Shades
- Applause® Honeycomb Shades
If you’re interested in scheduling a FREE CONSULTATION to learn more about the child-safe window treatment options we offer, contact Blinds & Designs today!