Energy efficiency is good for you, and it’s good for the planet. In the U.S. alone, the Department of Energy (DOE) reports that windows can account for up to 25% of your annual heating and cooling bill and a staggering 40% in older homes. The right energy-efficient window treatment can certainly help lower your utility bill.
There are a lot of factors that contribute to energy efficiency at the window, including which direction your windows face, how much direct sunlight they get, insulation, solar heat control, and more. Hunter Douglas is the world leader in innovation and the developer of the most energy-efficient window treatments that significantly reduce energy loss and also protect the environment. It’s a win-win — keep your family comfortable while saving on heating and cooling costs!
What is the Best Energy Efficient Window Treatment?
Honeycomb shades provide the best energy-efficiency at the window. With their unique design, they minimize the amount of inside air that escapes out your window, cutting your energy bill. Hunter Douglas has taken honeycomb shades to a whole new level with its Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades, featuring:
- Patented honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb construction
- Three air pockets reduce heat flow at the window
- Home’s carbon footprint is considerably reduced
- Saves on both heating and cooling costs
- Hundreds of fabrics, colors and textures
- Cordless or motorized options available for enhanced child and pet safety
While honeycomb shades provide the best thermal performance, Hunter Douglas Vignette® Tiered™ Architella® shades provide a different look and are another wonderful option in energy efficient window treatments, featuring:
- Rear fabric air pockets trap air creating an extra layer of insulation
- Homes stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer
- Available in numerous fabrics
- Shades stack at the top of the window
- No exposed rear cords for a clean look for enhanced child and pet safety
Energy Efficient Window Treatments in San Francisco
Blinds & Designs offers a full line of quality window treatments to homeowners and commercial clients throughout the San Francisco and Marin County areas, including Burlingame, Hillsborough, Atherton, and Los Altos. With an ongoing commitment to high quality products and exceptional service, we’ve been serving our communities for over 14 years. Stop by our showrooms in San Francisco or Tiburon to see a variety of motorization displays in our showroom or call 415-921-4212 Ext 101 for more information.